I keep pressing
WRITTEN BY ISAAC ODUGBEMI
The book in front of me
The bible in my hand
The dictionary on the table
I lost the desire to press on
The past gods who walked on the earth are gone
Though their works speak and their name is better than some living
I want to press on towards the finishing line
I do sleepless night
I run to and fro
The baton is washed clean by my sweat
I keep running
Pressing and pressing
It is a lonely road
I keep pressing when nothing threatens
I keep chasing when nothing is pursuing
I keep rushing when I could no longer hear the Alarm
I keep getting talking when no one is listening
I keep crying when no one is dead
I keep dancing when no music is playing
I keep quiet when I am suppose to talk
I keep thinking of Heaven amidst club dancers
I keep groaning when others are drunk with red jubilee
I keep scratching my body even when I had no contact with werepe
Comments
Post a Comment