Letter to the governor

A LETTER TO THE GOVERNOR

Written by Isaac Odugbemi

A letter to the governor
The state that accomodated the first versity
Listen to the voice of the crying masses 
The voices that conceived and birthed your fathers
The voices your ancestors paid obeisance
I plead that you listen to me not as a young man
But a representative of the gods of this land
I am happy for your position
I rejoice at your office
But the matter at hand requires an urgency
I can hear the masses crying for safety
The suckling children left on the weeping soil
The owls screeching
The men are rushing to barricade the doors 
While the youth shut the windows
The unknown invaders are coming
The tyres burning
The smoke flaming
And the street smelling
The aged fearing
The students trembling
The females in panic of their endowment
The males searching for their laptops
The phones are gone
The televisions are broken
A loud gunshot
The landlord receives a bullet
His predecessor in trouble
Tomorrow is another day
The doors are broken
The legion escaping
No one is talking
Because they are dying 


Please do comment  or send a shout-out. You can Call, SmS or Message me via WhatsApp on +2348165109882

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The load

The Last Moment